Vision: Advance and exchange knowledge for a better world for all
Mission: Critically analyze the possibilities and consequences of knowledge production in the health sciences
Core Aims: CQ has two primary and interconnected aims, which include:
- Capacity building through graduate teaching, continuing education, and a community of practice.
- The production of new methodological knowledge, including the development, adaptation, and evaluation of qualitative methods and their utilization in the health sciences.
- Build local, national and international capacity in critical, interpretive, theoretically-informed qualitative health research, scholarship and teaching
- Promote innovation, knowledge development, and critical reflection at the leading edge of the field of qualitative methodology
- Provide advanced graduate education in qualitative research methodology
- Act as a ‘go-to’ site of expertise in the particular challenges of practicing and teaching qualitative research in the health field
- Anchor, connect, challenge and inspire qualitative researchers across health-related disciplines and institutional units
- Advocate for and facilitate change in the health research environment such that qualitative research can thrive and make optimal contributions to knowledge production
Cite this page as: CQ. (2021, September 28). Goals. Retrieved from: https://ccqhr.utoronto.ca/about-cq/goals/.